What is known as “mother croon of bird”? Why is the song sung in a hushed voice?
Or, What is heard in the quiet hush of the evening hours, as told in the poem “The Heart of the Tree” by Henry Cuyler Bunner?
Explain: “For song and mother-croon of bird, / In hushed and happy twilight heard –“
16 Votes ⇧ Upvote
- “Mother-croon of bird” is the gentle humming voice of a mother-bird to its baby.
- The song is not sung in a hushed voice, but it is heard in the hushed moments of twilight, as then the noises in the surroundings gets reduced.
To explain the lines —
For song and mother-croon of bird,
In hushed and happy twilight heard —
The poet says that the song and mother-croon of the birds living on the tree are heard in the quiet evening hours. That makes the twilight hours happy for the man who hears the song.
95 Votes ⇧ Upvote
• Song sung in silence and calm
-12 Votes ⇧ Upvote
- A-1 Mother croon of the bird is the gentle humming voice of a mother bird for her baby or her young ones.
- A-2 The song sung by the mother 🐦 bird for her baby or young ones is heard in the hushed hours.
- In the above lines the poet says that the mother 🐦 bird sings a song for her young ones in a sweet and gentle voice, thus making the whole universe a heaven.
29 Votes ⇧ Upvote