List out the symbols used in the poem and also write what they signify in “Stopping by the woods on a snowy evening” by Robert Frost.
Symbols used in the poem are —
- woods/snow-covered woods: beautiful aspects and temptations of life.
- lovely: This life is beautiful.
- dark: This life is a mystery.
- deep: This life has great depth and one can easily be lost here.
- promises: duties and responsibilities in life.
- miles to go: The life’s journey is a long one.
- sleep: the eternal sleep, death.